The Hospice’s permanent medical team is made up of three Palliative Medicine Consultants and two Senior Palliative Medicine Doctors.
The Senior Doctors have a number of roles in the management of the service including patient safety, audit, quality improvement and research.
Doctors in training are also part of the medical team. Around five doctors come to work with the hospice team for a set period of time.
The Hospice is a popular destination for doctors in training and has a very good reputation for teaching Cambridge medical students.
Our doctors provide:
- Medical out-patient appointments, virtual clinics, home visits and telephone advice for healthcare professionals Monday – Friday 9.00am-5.00pm
- Direct care for patients admitted to the Hospice’s specialist palliative care beds in the Inpatient Unit
- Oversight of the care of patients admitted to Nurse Led Beds on the Hospice’s Inpatient Unit
- Support to Clinical Nurse Specialists and all other members of the multi-disciplinary team
- A twice monthly (second and fourth Friday) Pain Management Group
- Teaching and training in house and outside the hospice