Sharing time and talents
Arthur’s Shed offers a range of sessions led by volunteers including Mixed Media Art, Card Making, Paper Crafts and Astronomy.
The Shed is closed until the new year but we look forward to welcoming you back in 2022.
Thank you! Very enjoyable and I gained lots of new ideas
How do I book onto a session?
What COVID-19 measures are in place?
We want everyone to feel safe attending the Shed so we have the following measures in place:
What we have put in place:
- We are inviting 4 people to attend each session so that you can socially distance
- Doors will be open throughout the session for ventilation
- A strict cleaning process is in place before and after every session
- Our volunteers are testing regularly
What we ask of you:
- We ask that you wear a mask throughout the session. Volunteers will wear visors so that those with hearing difficulties can lip read
- We ask you to sign in at reception and use track and trace
- We ask you to book onto sessions to limit numbers
- We kindly ask you not to attend if you or anyone you live with is symptomatic, has tested positive or is waiting for a test result
- We encourage you to take an LFD test at home in advance of the session if you are comfortable doing so. These can be accessed here
If you have any questions just let us know.
How accessible is the Shed?
The Shed aims to be fully inclusive and we are happy to discuss adaptions with you before you attend if you have any specific questions or requirements.
- The shed is at ground level in our gardens and is accessible for all wheelchairs
- Disabled parking is available on site
- Disabled toilets are based inside the Hospice
- We have easy-read signage
- Our Volunteers wear visors for those with hearing difficulties
Coming to a new space can sometimes be a little daunting. Our volunteers are friendly and approachable and will be happy to help you settle in. You can even bring a friend, Carer or Support Worker with you. If you would find it helpful to see the space before you attend a session or talk to someone about what is involved please let us know.
Do I need to have a connection with the Hospice to attend?
No you don’t! We welcome everyone in our community to join us, whether you have visited us before or not.
Do I need to pay to attend a session?
All our sessions are free of charge although you are welcome to make a suggested donation of £5 if you would like to. Donations can be made at reception or in the Shed.
Do I need to bring materials with me?
If you do have your own equipment such as scissors, glue, pens or pencils we would encourage you to bring these along. If you don’t have these at home it’s not a problem, we can provide them.