Organising your own fundraising event is a great way to support the Arthur Rank Hospice Charity.
We’ve been very lucky to benefit from a variety of different events over the years, from cake sales to football matches, quiz nights to black tie balls.
No matter what your event is our community fundraisers are on hand to offer advice and support as well as fundraising materials such as banners, balloons, literature and collection buckets/tins. We also have our little book of fundraising full of helpful tips and inspiration!
To get you started take a look at our 5 easy steps to fundraising
1. Decide what you would like to do – think about things that you already like doing this will make your fundraising more fun and enjoyable.
2. Time to organise – choose your date, time and location. Think about setting a budget and think about how you incorporate the fundraising, are you selling tickets, asking for donations etc. Create posters and flyers (we can help with this!) and don’t forget to tell us about it so we can support you with other fundraising materials.
3. Keep it legal – there are rules and regulations regarding fundraising and holding events. Our community fundraisers can advise you on this to ensure your event is safe and legal.
4. Spread the word – if your fundraiser is open to the public then make sure the wider community knows! Tell your friends and family, use social media, tell your local newspaper and put up posters!
5. Thank you – You should be proud of your achievement, we are certainly extremely grateful to have your support! Tell us how your event went and send us some pictures if you have any! We’ll let you know how to pay your donation to the hospice.
So whether you have it all planned out or you simply have an idea we’d love to hear from you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01223 675888
Thank you and good luck!