Share this article
Over the summer our wonderful Bistro team have enjoyed welcoming back members of the public. To celebrate they have shared another of their show stopping, mouth-watering recipes!
This time it’s the very delicious …..
Chocolate Berry Marble Cake
225g butter, softened
225g Caster sugar
4 large or 6 medium eggs
225g self-raising flour
3 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
40g of fresh or frozen mixed berries (NOT strawberries)
1 wooden kebab skewer or similar.
- Heat oven to 180c/fan 160/gas 4.
- Grease a 20 cm cake tin and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
- Beat together the sugar and butter in a mixing bowl. Then add a little of the flour/baking powder and mix in. Whisk up the eggs and add a little to the mixture.
- Repeat the process until all the eggs and flour are mixed in.
- Split the cake mix between two bowls and sieve the cocoa into ONE of the bowls and mix in.
- Take two large spoons and starting with the cocoa cake mix do a chessboard pattern, then switch to the other cake mix and fill in the gaps to form a checkered pattern.
- Take the kebab skewer and point it down into the cake mix. Do a circular motion across the cake mix to make the cocoa mix swirl into the other mix.
- Sprinkle the berries evenly over the top of the cake mix and pop it into the oven.
- Bake the cake for 30-50 mins. or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Just before you put your recipe book away you might want to take a note of some of our other recipes too: