Share this course
This workshop explores the impact on professionals of working with patients/families with life-limiting illness. It is an opportunity to consider personal resilience and understand our own responses to working with people who are experiencing loss.
This Study Day is aimed at:
This Study Day is aimed at professionals working in a care environment and caring for patients and families who are facing life-limiting illness.
This course includes:
• Knowledge about stress, burnout and compassion fatigue
• A focus on the importance of wellbeing in the workplace, specifically when providing palliative care for patients
• Developing an increased understanding of what self-care is, and why it is important
• An exploration of different kinds of self-care strategies and ways to increase your personal resilience by enhancing self-care skills
• Reflections on our values and potential barriers to our self-care
• Opportunities to participate in experiential exercises relating to mindfulness and the development of a personalised self-care plan
• Signposting to relevant sources of support currently available