Share this course
A workshop for staff whose work brings them into contact with young people affected by loss or bereavement.
Arthur Rank Hospice Charity will be presenting a day about how to support children and young people who are affected by loss and bereavement. This will include a brief overview of theories, and models/formulations of responses to loss and bereavement. Covering psychoeducation, developmental aspects, psychological aspects of grief and how they compare between children and adults. We plan to use case studies/video clips and a creative activity to explore the subject.
This Study Day is aimed at:
Teachers, teaching assistants, family support workers, nurses or healthcare professionals who are working with young people affected by loss or bereavement.
This Study Day will cover:
- Young people’s understanding of, and responses to, loss and bereavement
- An introduction to psychological theories of loss and grief and how they can be applied to young people
- What adults can do to help young people affected by loss and bereavement
- How to support staff working in this area
- Information about resources available to help
These sessions may not suitable for anyone who is facing or who has experienced bereavement in the last 12 months.