Share this course
This course aims to give healthcare professionals the basic non-pharmacological knowledge and skills to actively empower patients to self-manage their own breathlessness.
This Study Day is aimed at:
This Study Day is suitable for healthcare professionals who are caring for palliative patients in any setting.
In this session learners will:
• An overview of the anatomy and physiology of the lungs
• How chronic illness affects the normal breathing process
• How to assess breathlessness
• The impact of breathlessness on the patient and family
• How to manage the acutely breathless patient using non-pharmacological interventions
• An opportunity to discuss how to use the new techniques
• An awareness of associated fatigue and anxiety