Share this course
Assessing the needs of the “whole person” and their family enables the health care professional to provide person centred care to people as they approach their end of life.
This Study Day is aimed at:
Healthcare professionals who are involved in providing care for palliative patients in any setting.
This Study Day will:
- Explore the impact of advanced illness on the patient and family
- Explore the use of holistic assessment
- Discuss the skills needed to identify the potential and actual needs of patients and their families
- Explore the process involved in under taking holistic assessment of patients and their families
- Consider how to broach talking about sensitive issues
- Consider the contribution of multidisciplinary members