Share this course
Recognising and assessing that a patient is in their last days of life can feel challenging. This Study Day aims to help healthcare professionals to recognise the signs and symptoms of dying and help patients and families to achieve their end of life plan.
This Study Day is aimed at:
Health and social care professionals who are caring for patients and families who are facing life-limiting illnesses and supporting them at the end of life.
By the end of this workshop learners will:
- Explore care planning for the patient in the last few days of life – and discuss the ‘five priorities for care of the dying person’
- Explore the challenges faced by families and professionals when caring for dying patients
- Discuss how we assess and recognise that death may be near
- Revise the management of symptoms in the last few days of life
- Discuss how we support family and carers at this time
- Identify how we manage our own feelings and look after ourselves at this time.