Reception Meet & Greet Volunteer (Thursdays & Fridays) 12-2pm
- Closing date
- Saturday 31st December 2022
Share this role
If you like meeting people and putting them at ease, this is the role for you!
The Reception desk is the heart of the Hospice building. The Receptionist welcomes everyone who walks through our doors, making them feel more at ease. Our Bistro is open to the public so we see a huge range of people in the Hospice. It’s this that helps give the Hospice its warm and friendly atmosphere. Meet and Greet volunteers support the Receptionist when the building is particularly busy, on Thursdays and Fridays.
As a Reception Meet & Greet Volunteer you will provide a warm welcome for all patients, visitors and customers. Your duties will include:
- Welcoming visitors, patients and customers to the building.
- Taking visitors down to the inpatient unit (IPU) and ensuring they are signed in.
- Directing customers to the Bistro.
- Directing patients/clients to outpatient appointments (pushing a wheelchair if required).
- Answering general queries, ensuring contact details are taken and given to the Receptionist if needed.
- Cleaning wheelchairs after use.
- Additional administrative tasks set by the Receptionist.
To find out more download our role description. If you think this is the role for you click ‘apply now’ to apply online!
Arthur Rank Hospice is committed to inclusivity, respect, fairness, engagement and equality of opportunity for our patients and their families, our staff and trustees, our volunteers and our supporters. We value the strength that comes with difference and the positive contribution that diversity brings to our community. We want to ensure that our process and volunteering experience is as accessible as possible so please do let us know if we can support you in any way.