Clinical Psychologist / Counselling Psychologist Band 7
- Closing date
- Sunday 26th September 2021
Share this vacancy
We are currently looking for a Clinical Psychologist/Counselling Psychologist to join our small and friendly Patient and Family Support team.
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a welcoming and psychologically minded multidisciplinary team and provide supervision and training to our Patient and Family Support volunteers
You will provide direct psychological assessment and interventions to patients, families and carers and contribute to the development of psychological support within specialist palliative care
You will use a range of appropriate psychotherapeutic interventions which may include: one-to-one, couples, groups and family counselling
You will be an inspiring and forward-thinking Clinical Psychologist, interested in working in palliative care and providing a strategic psychological overview to the Hospice.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Qualification in a Psychological Therapy, preferably to doctorate level e.g. Psychologist, Psychotherapist or Counsellor
- Professional registration with: HCPC, BAC, UKCP, BCP, BACP or BPS
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment, treatment plan and treatment of clients across the full range of care settings, including outpatient, community, primary care and in-patient settings.
- Experience of teaching and education.
- Experience of receiving and giving supervision
- Willing and able to travel between sites within community area if necessary
- Full clean UK driving licence and access to own vehicle
For more information, please refer to the job description and person specification.
If you don’t hear from us within the first 2 weeks from the closing date, it means you have not been shortlisted to the next stage of the selection process.
We are committed to inclusivity, respect, fairness, engagement and equality of opportunity for our patients and their families, our staff and trustees, our volunteers and our supporters.
We value the strength that comes with difference and the positive contribution that diversity brings to our community. Therefore, candidates with a disability that meet the minimum criteria will be guaranteed an interview.
We are also working to increase diversity throughout the organisation and we particularly welcome applications from BAME people who are currently under-represented.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Arthur Rank Hospice Charity has an outstanding reputation for excellence in palliative and end of life care. We support people in Cambridgeshire, who are living with life-limiting illnesses and advance conditions. Our positive and practical services deliver care, counselling and education, helping patients to live well and their families to live on.
Our excellent staff survey results helped us to achieve gold accreditation in the Best Employers (Eastern region) and in February 2019 we announced that our Cambridge Hospice has joined the success of our Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre in achieving an ‘Outstanding’ CQC rating.
We know we wouldn’t be able to do any of this without our amazing staff, so we offer a range of benefits including:
Personal Pension Plan (with ability to retain membership of NHS Pension Scheme subject to qualifying criteria), Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Study leave, Lease cars (eligibility criteria applies), Generous holiday entitlement, Staff Survey and staff Forum, Access to Occupational Health Services, Flexible working, Ongoing training, Payroll Giving option, Group Life Assurance, Long Service Awards, Social events, Christmas savings scheme and staff discounts to our in-house Bistro and Salon HD.
If you have any questions related to this role, please do not hesitate to contact Kasia Fau, Recruitment Advisor on: 01223 675865 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job description Download here
- Person Specification Download here
- Application form Download here
- Equal opportunities form Download here
- 22.5 per week
- £40,057 – £45,839 per annum pro rata
- Arthur Rank Hospice, Shelford Bottom Cambridge (working from home on occasion)