Contact us   Reception 01223 675777  In-Patient Enquiries 01223 675900  Fundraising Office 01223 675888   
 
Homepage  |   Shop Online  |      |  

Christmas Tree Recycling


Recycle your Christmas tree and help us to continue raising funds for our brand new hospice!

 

We're sorry but registrations for our Christmas tree collection are now closed!

However we will have a skip kindly donated by Mick George Ltd on site on Friday 6 and Saturday 7 January if you'd still like to support the Charity by making a small donation to drop your tree off to us. 

 

No needles in your car, no petrol costs & no queueing at the tip!

Last Christmas we raised just under £3000 for our new 'home' by collecting 406 Christmas trees. That's 6.920 tonnes!

Unfortunately registrations for our Christmas tree collection are now closed. There will be a Mick George skip at the new Hospice (Cherry Hinton Road, Shelford Bottom, Cambs, CB22 3FB (sat nav postcode: CB22 3AB)) on Friday 6th and Saturday 7th January so you can still support the  Charity by making a small donation to drop your tree off to us. There is no need to pre-register, just pop along with your tree!
Hear Donna Talbot, Director of Fundraising and Marketing at ARHC, and Norman Woodside from JustHelping talk on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire about the collection: 

Working in partnership with JustHelping and Cambridge City Council.
90% of money raised from the collection will come to ARHC with the remaining 10% donated to other local charities. For more information, please click HERE

FAQ

Trees will be collected on either 6 or 7 January 2017 by our team of volunteers.

How do I register for my tree to be collected?
Unfortunately registrations for our Christmas tree collection are now closed. Many thanks for your interest and support, we will be posting results of the collection on the website very soon.

What is the suggested donation? 
For 2016's collection, the average donation was £9.50 per tree, however there is no minimum or maximum donation. 

What time will you collect my tree? 
Unfortunately due to the vast number of trees being collected, we are unable to give an exact time of when we will be in your area. Please have your trees out in time for the start of the collection period - 9am on Friday 6 January. 

Where should I leave my tree?
Please leave your tree somewhere where it can be easily seen by our voluntary collection team e.g. in your front garden, by your back gate, next to your shed etc. You will have the opportunity to leave instructions when you register.

What time does registration close? 
You can register for your tree to be collected up until 1pm on Thursday 5th January, subject to availability.

What happens if my tree doesn't get collected? 
In the unlikely event that your tree still hasn't been collected by 5pm on Saturday 7th January, please contact the Fundraising Team ASAP on 01223 675888. 

What if I don't live in CB1, CB2, CB22, CB3, CB4 or CB5?
Unfortunately if you don't live in one of the above postcode areas, we will not be able to collect your tree. We will however have a skip on site at our new hospice (Cherry Hinton Road, Shelford Bottom, Cambs, CB22 3FB (sat nav postcode: CB22 3AB)) on Friday 6th and Saturday 7th if you would still like to support the Charity by making a small donation to drop your tree off to us. There is no need to pre-register for this, just pop along! 

Who do I contact if I have any further questions? 
Please contact the Fundraising Team on 01223 675888, or email fundraising@arhc.org.uk

 

Can you spare a few hours of your time to...

  • Promote the collection for us by leafleting between 27 December and 5 January in the above postcode areas?
  • Collect Christmas trees in either your own vehicle or one that we have hired for you to drive, on either/both 6 & 7 January
  • Sponsor a vehicle for one of our collection team to use?

If so, please contact the Fundraising Team on 01223 675888 or email fundraising@arhc.org.uk - we would love to hear from you!