A wet but wonderful Ely Festive 5k
The charity welcomed a bumper audience this year as 396 entrants signed up to take part in this years Ely Festive 5k Fun Run and although the weather was unlike, it didnt dampen the spirits of our runners, joggers and walkers as 344 crossed the starting line donning superb fancy dress outfits or the popular Santa hat.
Congratulations to our winners:
Fastest man: Lee Thompson of Ely Runners in 18:16
Fastest women: Lauren Thomas in 22:04
Fastest team: Ely Tri-Club in a cumulative time of 1:28:59
Best Dressed Individual: Rudolph with Santas sleigh
Best Dressed Group: The inflatable snowmen
Donna Talbot, Fundraising & Marketing Manager said We would like to thank everyone for their support, especially all those who sported brilliant fancy dress outfits. I think we can safely say this was one of the best years ever with everything from Rudolph and his sleigh, to Snowman, Elves, Christmas cakes and much, much more!
To view a full list of results, please click HERE
We all recognise however the biggest winners from events like these are our very special patients and their families. It is as a result of our superb community that vital funds are raised to help us to provide our services free of charge across our county. We hope everyone involved takes great pride in knowing they have made a real difference to these individuals.
We would like to extend our appreciation to all of the following:
- Event sponsors: Ward Gethin Archer & The Cambridge Building Society
- Star Radio for getting involved and helping us to promote this special fundraiser
- Avanti for supplying the partial road closures and traffic management
- Masters Logistical Services for helping to subsidise the traffic management costs
- Simply M & S, Beehive Centre for donating mince pies and mulled wine
- Peacocks Tearooms, Ely for supplying homemade festive mulled wine
- Cheryl Long for offering much needed massages post run
- Ros and the Ely Market team for making us so welcome
- All of our tremendous and dedicated volunteers
- And most importantly all of our super participants!
As of 15 December 2014, we are delighted to confirm £9868.03 has now been raised as a result of this festive fun run. Sponsorship is still coming in, so £10,000 is looking like an increasing reality!
Thank you everyone, you are wonderful!